Thursday, April 30, 2009

Thankful Thursday

Okay, I got this idea from another blog that I have been reading lately. It is based on the idea that we can benefit greatly by acknowledging regularly the wonderful things that happen to us each day, sometimes just the little things, the minutiae that tend to get lost in negativity and despair if we don't consciously seek them out. The general idea is that each day you write down in your journal or your blog 5 things that you are grateful for. 

I know that I will not manage to do this every day, but how about every Thursday, making it Thankful Thursday? I think it is particularly apt, given that Thursday here in the United Arab Emirates is the last day of the working week, so a good time for a recap, and lets face it, who can be negative in the face of the weekend? Let's see, what am I thankful for this Thursday?:
  1.  Well, it is Thursday, so the whole weekend with AL is stretching out before me - I am definitely thankful for that!;
  2. Having things to look forward to. Tomorrow we are going on a desert safari with some friends;
  3. I have been in contact with several women today who are keen to meet up for coffee, and who are in the same position as me;
  4. Gmail chat - I love it. I have chatted with my Mum and my brother SD (ha ha SD, named but not identified!) in the last couple of days and heard all the family news. 
  5. I am especially greatful that the best Australian lamb seems to be exported to the UAE - we love the chops and the roast here, it has now become a Thursday night staple. 
See, Thursday is a good day to do the gratitude thing!
Stay posted, tomorrow we are going on the desert safari, and no doubt there will be lots of pretty pictures added to the collection!

No comments:

Post a Comment