Friday, August 21, 2009

The Countdown has begun

Well, actually for me, the countdown began a while ago. But in 19 days, the Dubai Metro will officially open! Yay!! There is a stop right outside my apartment, and one right outside the zone where I work, so commuting will become much easier. No hanging around for hours after work if AL has to work back or gets stuck in traffic - I can pop on home and have dinner waiting for him.

Also, weekends are going to be better, because we won't need to worry about finding a car park at our favourite end of town, and all the malls have a station next to them.

I am looking forward to being mobile again, and getting out and about to meet people without relying on cabs or kind friends to pick me up.

I am just hoping that the station near our apartment opens on time - not sure I can bear waiting another 6 months for my ticket to freedom!

Will have to add some pictures of the near complete stations soon!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Shari...

    By accidently I landed into your blog...It's nice...I just started a blog...just an experiment now...I have to learn more about it....Any way, If you really interested in a e-mail friendship just drop a reply at vkchavakkad@gmail.com

    Have a good day !

    Vinod Kumar

    ReplyDelete