Thursday, July 16, 2009

Booking Through Thursday - TBR


Follow-up to last week’s question:

Do you keep all your unread books together, like books in a waiting room? Or are they scattered throughout your shelves, mingling like party-goers waiting for the host to come along?


No, all my books are kept together, whether I have read them or not. After taking the photograph for the last Booking Through Thursday response, I did put all the "to be read" books at the front of the shelf, and all the "read" books at the back. I don't know how long that will last though. It is convenient, because when I need a new book, I can see at a glance the choices I have. I like the "books in a waiting room" analogy, although that would imply there was some method about which book I would choose to read next, (Mrs Dalloway, this way please!) and that is not something I have ever been able to do - a choice of reading material is very spontaneous for me, and reflects my mood more than anything.

7 comments:

  1. I wish I could put all my books together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I usually read as the mood takes me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to shelve all my books, but i just don't have space. Maybe one day! They would still be read and unread though because I lose track otherwise and end up buying duplicate books. I have done that in the past

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for visiting my blog! I'm the same as you really, my mood very much influences what I will read next!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got most of my TBR books mixed. Only 30 are right in front!

    TBR: mixed reactions?

    ReplyDelete
  6. My reading choices are spontaneous too. I can never have books lined up systematically.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a mood reader, too. When I do make plans, they always seem to change at the last minute!

    ReplyDelete