Thursday, December 31, 2009

Booking Through Thursday: Reflection on 2009 Reads

btt button

It’s the last day of the year, and you know what that means … nostalgia and looking back.

What were your favorite books of the year? (Books that were new to you in 2009, if not necessarily published this year.)


I don't have any favorites, because I have read so many great books this year (at least until I started work again) One of the stand-outs though was "The Four Hour Work Week" By Tim Ferris - does this really need any further comment? It is inspiring to say the least, and something I want to work towards!


A surprise like was "Crime and Punishment" by Dostoyevsky - had been putting this book off for so long as I had assumed it would be a chore to read it. However, it turned out to be delightful, and one of my all time favs.


And I was excited to find "The Law and the Lady" by Wilkie Collins in a Borders store over here - I can read his books over and over again.


I hope that next year's reflection on books read wont be solely dedicated to dry legal journals.



3 comments:

  1. I read my first Wilkie Collins book this year and it was Woman in White. I did like it but I guess I was hoping for a little more :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read The Four-Hour Work Week as well...some very thoughtful points I have been taking to hear this year. It was worth the read!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could never choose my favorites either - there were just too many!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete