Saturday, December 19, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook




Outside my window...5 minutes ago, sheeting rain (in the desert no less!) now, clearing blue and some wispy cloud. Love it.
I am thinking...
about how to make this Advent and Christmas time a special one away from home and in a foreign country.I am thankful for...the lovely time we had on our recent trip home, catching up with beautiful family and wonderful friends
From the kitchen...it is still relatively early - so just a steaming mug of tea so far
I am wearing...3/4 trackies a tank and a pashmina
I am creating...a dent in the housework that built up over the last week
I am going...to church later in the day
I am reading..."Calm at Work" by Paul Wilson - we'll see
I am hoping...that there will be more rain later in the day - it seems to have cleared completely now
I am hearing...hindi music, constructions noise from next door, and the winding down whir of the washing machine
Around the house...things are everywhere, washing hanging on the dryer, suitcases waiting to be stored, several pairs of flip flops scattered about
One of my favorite things...the candle burning down to almost nothing beside me
A few plans for the rest of the week: work, work, work and a nice dinner for hubby when he comes home on Monday
Here is picture for thought I am sharing... beautiful wide open aussie spaces

This was my first entry for the Simple Woman's Daybook. To join in, visit http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment