Saturday, December 26, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook 26 December 2009


FOR TODAY
26 December 2009
Outside my window...isolated patches of blue, plenty of billowing cloud
I am thinking...how nice it is to have a lazy day to relax and enjoy quiet time with AV
I am thankful for...not feeling too homesick for the first Christmas away from family
From the kitchen...leftover roast meat and vegetables
I am wearing...comfy new pj's and ug boots
I am creating...abstract plans about becoming more creative
I am going...out for coffee later with AV
I am reading...What's Wrong With the World - Chesterton
I am hoping...for a less stressful work week this week
I am hearing...the fridge rattling and my husband clicking keys on his computer
Around the house...books lying open, empty tea cups and candles
One of my favorite things...my new dressing gown - toasty warm
I am pondering these words... "The sky must be invoked; and to begin everything with the weather is a sort of pagan way of beginning everything with prayer." Chesterton, What's Wrong With the World.
A few plans for the rest of the week: gym at least 3 times this week to work off Christmas excesses, finishing my book
Here is picture for thought I am sharing...our Christmas Tree on Christmas Eve, and the warm glow of candles.

Play along at The Simple Woman's Daybook: http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment