Wednesday, June 17, 2009

A Four-Legged House Guest

This is my new house guest! Isn't he sweet? I wish he could stay forever, but I am just minding him for my friend while she is on a trip.

After arriving, "Puss" spent about 2 hours sound asleep in his cage. Occasionally he would enjoy a cuddle when I went to check on him, but I couldn't entice him out. Finally, hearing his toy rattle, he crept out with his belly almost touching the ground and explored the rest of the apartment. He is now fully acquainted with all the window sills in the place, has been on and under the bed, walked along the sink and kitchen bench tops, and is now chilling out in front of the tv. Literally. I can't change the channel because he is lying in front of the sensor!

He seems to enjoy the view of the lake construction from the windowsills, and spent most of the afternoon up there behind the curtains. Oh, and he likes cooking too. Jumped up on the stove which fortunately wasn't switched on. So I locked him in the guest washroom while I was cooking - don't want him to go home with burnt paws.

2 comments:

  1. Very cute kitty with a personality! Have fun pet sitting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I wouldn’t use the word “sweet” since Puss looks like he wouldn’t use that term himself on admiring his visage in the mirror ; ) I would say he is fierce and regal, and resilient, too, for he has wasted little time in resuming his all-important cat duties in a new location : )

    ReplyDelete