Monday, May 11, 2009

The Big Bang

Not a sound you want to hear when your washing machine is mid way through its wash cycle. It was more of a clunk, really,  and made me jump violently. For a while I thought it was just the machine breaking down - just one of the many things to go wrong in this brand new apartment. But then I realised my computer wasn't charging, and that I was no longer connected to the web. Now it was time to panic. Also realised the fridge wasn't running, and most importantly, I couldn't boil the kettle! Ahhhhhh! 

Checked the mains, and flicked the little blue switch that was down. Nothing happened. There was one other switch that was down, but couldn't tell what it was connected to, and being a bit nervous of all things electrical, decided to ask the boys downstairs to come and have a look.  Of course it took just one flick of that little switch, but better safe than sorry. 

That's the good thing about Dubai - there is someone that you can go to for simple questions like that. Very important when you can't just call your Dad or brother for help! 

Of course, I still don't know what made everything short in the first place...so chances are it will happen again tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment