Thursday, May 21, 2009

Booking Through Thursday #2

This week's prompt isWhat book would you love to be able to read again for the first time?

This is an easy one for me to answer because I have thought about this many times. Pride and Prejudice. I read it at a fairly young age, old enough to appreciate the story line but a bit young to really appreciate on a critical level the writing style, humour and intelligence of the author. And I have read it so many times since, that I could recite whole chunks of it verbatim!

I would love to be able to read this story with fresh adult eyes, and discover the witty wonder of this masterpiece for the first time. 

8 comments:

  1. I don't like Austen. I can't re-read as the first time was enough for me!

    :D


    BTT: Second a first
    Kill Word Verification

    ReplyDelete
  2. For me Pride and Prejudice got better and better and now it is an all time favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah Gautami Tripathy, speaking as a huge Austen fan, that is sad for you!!
    Nise, agree it just gets better, but would love to remember what my first reactions were - at that time I didn't realise what the book would come to mean to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved Pride and Prejudice -- great answer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wrote about Pride and Prejudice today, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read Pride and Prejudice, but I'm definitely going to!


    Here is my BTT post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another vote for P&P. I have to agree!

    ReplyDelete