Saturday, May 30, 2009

Did Somebody Say "Used Book Sale"?

Yes, they sure did! Another used book sale, for another worthy charity. This time it was for Helping Hands, which assists labourers, maids and others, who lose their jobs, don't get paid, or who have had problems with employers. It is a very worthy cause, and in that spirit we bought up big. It was held at the Lakes Club, not far from where we live, so nice and convenient, and air-conditioned premises. The AC has become an important factor; the temperatures are over 40 degrees every day now, and the humidity is creeping up slowly. Must remember to put suncream on my feet when I wear flip-flops! 

But I digress.  This is my latest haul. I am so excited because I found some really great titles. Couldn't believe that other people were passing over these...

Amongst the loot are travel guides for Paris and London - two cities on my wish list. Hopefully sometime next year we will be able to venture to Europe...but like everyone else, we are subject to the changing economic situation, so it might just be the daydreaming and the travel guides for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment