Monday, May 18, 2009

It's Not All Glamour

It's not all glamour leading an expat life. Today is a fine example - a quiet one at home while AL is at work. A bit of internet surfing and blog following. Some cleaning. Half an hour at the gym. A bit of tv. Some cooking.  And AL still at work at 10.20pm. Or maybe on his way home? Or about to come through the door?

Just wanted to make sure no-one thinks this is all about glamorous parties and camel rides! There are episodes of normalcy scattered frequently between the fun. 

I'm not complaining; it gives me a chance to read a lot. I just finished reading Dumas' The Black Tulip. This was such an amazing book. It is kind of predictable I guess, but I still enjoyed it. It is very similar to The Count of Monte Cristo, which I also loved, and like The Count, its focus is a man falsely imprisoned, and surrounded by intrigue. It is a much shorter book, though, with far fewer characters. So much easier to get into and to follow. 

I have quite a few books to choose from, but somehow am not quite sure what I want to read now. Should probably choose something a little more modern for variety, but reading the classics spoils my palate for modern literature! Hmmmmm decisions, decisions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment