Thursday, May 7, 2009

The End of Another Week

This week has gone by so quickly, I had no idea that I had barely posted on here! It is a good sign, because it means that I have been busy, or at least busier!

This week I got out of my comfort zone and met up with a couple of people who I had been in contact with on an online forum.  They are all nice people, and it was good to see some different parts of Dubai. I met up with one group of people at a local club called The Lakes. It is a gorgeous setting, with 2 great swimming pools, a lovely restaurant area, gym and squash courts. Nothing active though - just a coffee catch up! It is good to know we have those kind of facilities in the area. 

I also met up with an aussie girl who has just arrived in Dubai. We found a great place in one of the malls that serves delicious tea in a proper teapot, and then AL joined us for dinner. I am hoping she will be able to get me a job at her company. 

Oh yeah, I have also been busy looking for a dress for the annual dinner at AL's work - we are going shopping tomorrow at the Outlet Mall - cross your paws for me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment